Monday, February 23, 2009

Shawn Rylander "songs for men"


Album Review
Shawn Rylander "songs for men"

I have to admit that I had my doubts about Shawn's new album. Nothing personal, it's just that usually when a friend gives me a CD, tape, or record to listen to of "their band" it ends up being something I'm not stoked on. So when I put Shawn's album on my record player I was totally expecting it to suck. But to my surprise it's actually quite good. The album kicks off with a reggae inspired track titled: "Men - It's What's For Dinner." I wouldn't be surprised if that song found its way onto the radio charts in the next month or two. The next few tracks on the first side are pretty standard R&B fare. Definitely good, but probably not his best work. The last track on side 1 is a super upbeat dance club style song titled: "Jeans Creamers." If this track doesn't get you dancing then I'm guessing nothing will. Side 2 is a forty five minute electro synth track titled: "Love Dagger." Super psychedelic and experimental. So all in all I'd say that Shawn's album is definitely worth checking out. Turn it on, turn it up, and turn it out! 

1 comment: